Join our Team
Spartan Child Development Center provides individualized and developmentally appropriate early childhood education that nurtures the growth of children (and staff) in a diverse and inclusive environment.
We work as a collaborative family to promote physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional growth of every child. As an Assistant Teacher in the 2-3 year old classroom, you are responsible for supporting the Lead Teacher in the planning and implementation of the center curriculum and classroom routine. You will have creativity, enthusiasm, patience, stamina (and sometimes humor) as you help guide the development and decisions of early youth.
Teacher Benefits and Center Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage with a low $10 cost-to-you;
- Competitive starting salaries;
- Paid holidays, including an annual 9-11 day winter break in December;
- Paid personal day four times a year, in addition to vacation and sick time accrued every pay period;
- Professional Development and continuing education reimbursement;
- Annual raises;
- NAEYC accredited;
- Schedules that allow short Fridays and a couple early afternoons in the work week;
- Associates degree, or higher, from an accredited institution, in child development, early childhood or related field; or a current CDA.
- At least 30 college-level semester hours in coursework related to early childhood are required
- For infant/toddler assistant teachers: at least 3 college-level semester hours in infant/toddler development and care practices OR 4.5 CEUs in infant/toddler development and care practices are required
To apply to this position:
Send a cover letter and resume to the Directors team at email@example.com.
We are always looking for Teacher Aides to join our team!
This para-professional position that helps children in all program activities, interacts with them, guides their interactions with each other, and instructs them in the use of materials. As an Teacher Aide, you will monitor, participate, and communicate to create a thriving environment.
Applications can be picked up at the center until 6p; please apply in person. A 30 minute observation visit in a classroom must also be completed to fulfill the application process. Observations visit can be done Monday-Thursday between 10:00-11:30am or 3:45-4:45pm; you do not have to do an observation the same day you pick up an application, but an observation must be complete to move forward; no appointment necessary.
- High school diploma required, prefer additional education or experience in Child Development or a related field.
- Knowledge relating to young children and safety requirements.
- Ability to work with children in a warm, responsible, and positive manner and to react calmly in a crisis situation.
Employment is contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Michigan Child Care Background Check, Tuberculosis Test, and References Check.