Join our Team
Assistant Toddler Teacher
Spartan Child Development Center provides individualized and developmentally appropriate early childhood education that nurtures the growth of children (and staff) in a diverse and inclusive environment.
We work as a collaborative family to promote physical, cognitive, and socio-emotional growth of every child. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for a group of children; observing and assessing their development while supporting their transition to the next classroom and beyond.
You will be planning and implementing the Center’s curriculum, while maintaining the health and safety of the children and classroom. You will have the ability to adapt, enthusiasm, and patience as you help guide the development and decisions of infants.
Teacher Benefits and Center Perks:
- Health, dental and vision coverage at a low $10 cost-to-you;
- Competitive starting salaries;
- Paid holidays, including an annual 9-11 day Winter Break in December;
- Paid personal day four times a year, in addition to vacation and sick time accrued every pay period;
- Professional Development and continuing education reimbursement;
- Annual raises;
- NAEYC accredited;
- Center meals that include you!
- Degree from an accredited institution, in Child Development, Early Childhood, Elementary Education or related field;
- At least 12 college level credit hours in coursework related to early childhood;
- For infant/toddler teacher candidates: at least 3 college-level semester hours in infant/toddler development and care practices OR 4.5 CEUs in infant/toddler development and care practices are required;
- Some teaching experience is strongly preferred.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to the Assistant Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always looking for qualified and enthusiastic Teacher Aides!
This para-professional position that helps children in all program activities, interacts with them, guides their interactions with each other, and instructs them in the use of materials. As an Teacher Aide, you will monitor, participate, and communicate to create a thriving environment.
Please call the Center at 517-353-5154 to express interest and speak with a hiring coordinator.
- High school diploma required, prefer additional education or experience in Child Development or a related field.
- Knowledge relating to young children and safety requirements.
- Ability to work with children in a warm, responsible, and positive manner and to react calmly in a crisis situation.
Employment is contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Michigan Child Care Background Check, Tuberculosis Test, and References Check.