Join our Team
We are now hiring enthusiastic Teacher Aides!
This para-professional position helps children in all program activities, interacts with them, guides their interactions with each other, and instructs them in the use of materials. As an Teacher Aide, you will monitor, participate, and communicate to create a thriving environment.
We currently have Substitute Teacher Aide positions available for immediate employment, as well as Teacher Aide positions for summer, starting end of April.
The Substitute Aide position is an on-call position, requiring two complete days of availability. (SCDC is open from 8:00a – 5:00p.)
The Teacher Aide position is a part-time position working 20 hours a week, Monday through Friday from 1:00p – 5:00p.
Please call the Center at 517-353-5154 to speak with a hiring coordinator, or email interest to Patte490@msu.edu.
- High school diploma required, prefer additional education or experience in Child Development or a related field.
- Knowledge relating to young children and safety requirements.
- Ability to work with children in a warm, responsible, and positive manner and to react calmly in a crisis situation.
Benefits and Center Perks:
- Professional Development and continuing education reimbursement;
- Promotion opportunities available;
- Annual raises;
- NAEYC accredited;
- An annual 9-11 winter break in December
Employment is contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Michigan Child Care Background Check, Tuberculosis Test, and References Check.