Join our Team
Hiring: Lead Infant Room Teacher
SCDC is currently looking to staff a Lead Teacher Position in an Infant Classroom (children aged 2 weeks to around 1 year old.) Position includes a competitive salary, benefits (health, dental, vision), and paid leave time (vacation, sick, personal.)
Job Summary: The Lead Teacher is responsible for the planning and implementation of the Center curriculum and children’s program in the classroom. The Lead Teacher is also responsible for maintaining the health and safety of all children under their care.
This is a full time permanent position. A competitive salary and benefits are included. The selected candidate will care for and interact with children and their families. Aside from general daily care-giving activities, the candidate will:
- Create a safe environment designed to promote the physical, cognitive, and emotional growth and development of each child;
- Work cooperatively to develop and implement classroom activities and the High Scope Curriculum;
- Manage classroom and lead transitions from one activity to another;
- Guide children through interactions and foster children’s use of language and conflict mediation skills;
- Engage/supervise developmentally appropriate activities inside and outside, participate in children’s play, and foster creative use of materials.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, from an accredited institution in Child Development, Early Childhood, Elementary Education or related field;
- At least 30 college level credit hours in coursework related to early childhood;
- At least 3 college level semester hours in infant/toddler development and care practices OR 4.5 CEUs in infant/toddler development and care practices are required.
- Some teaching experience is strongly preferred.
(See Additional Benefits and Center Perks at bottom of page.)
Assistant Toddler Teacher, Assistant Transition Teacher
SCDC is currently looking to staff a Assistant Teacher position in an Toddler Classroom (children aged 1 to 2 years old) and an Assistant Transition Teacher in a 2-3 year old classroom. Position includes a competitive salary, benefits (health, dental, vision), and paid leave time (vacation, sick, personal.)
As an Assistant Teacher, you are responsible for supporting the Lead Teacher in the planning and implementation of the center curriculum and classroom routine.
- Associates degree, or higher, from an accredited institution, in child development, early childhood or related field; or a current CDA.
- At least 12 college-level credits related to early childhood are required or valid CDA.
- For infant/toddler assistant teachers: at least 3 college-level semester hours in infant/toddler development and care practices OR 4.5 CEUs in infant/toddler development and care practices are required.
Please email the Assistant Director to apply for Lead and Assistant positions: Gsabouri@msu.edu
We are also Hiring Enthusiastic Teacher Aides!
This para-professional position helps children in all program activities, interacts with them, guides their interactions with each other, and instructs them in the use of materials. As an Teacher Aide, you will monitor, participate, and communicate to create a thriving environment. We currently have Teacher Aide positions open with both morning and afternoon 8:30-1:00 and/or 1:00 – 5:00p availability, Monday through Friday.
We also have Substitute Teacher Aide positions available for immediate employment. The Substitute Aide position supports the classroom in the absence of a Teacher. Applicants require 2-3 days of full availability. (SCDC is open from 8:00a – 5:00p.)
- High school diploma required, prefer additional education or experience in Child Development or a related field.
- Knowledge relating to young children and safety requirements.
- Ability to work with children in a warm, responsible, and positive manner and to react calmly in a crisis situation.
Please call the Center at 517-353-5154 to inquire, or email interest to: Gsabouri@msu.edu
Employment is contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Michigan Child Care Background Check, Tuberculosis Test, and References Check.