Join our Team
Toddler Age Assistant Teacher (Ages 1-2) *SIGN ON BONUS*
The assistant teacher is responsible for supporting the lead teacher in the planning and implementation of the center curriculum and children’s program.
- An associates degree, or higher, from an accredited institution in the field of early childhood education, or related field; or a current CDA.
At least 30 college-level semester hours in coursework related to early childhood are required
- Physical and mental stamina; including repeated lifting (30 lbs or more), ability to move quickly from sitting on the floor to standing position repeatedly, and the ability to run if needed
- Knowledge of teaching and activity methods used with infant, toddler, preschool or early elementary school-age children and principles of child development, the behavior of young children, positive discipline and redirection techniques.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used in group settings of young children
- Ability to establish warm supportive relationships with the children, recognize illness symptoms, accept and profit from supervision and constructive criticism, develop and maintain working relationships with parents and staff, and thrive in a team-oriented environment
- Experience with planning lessons and activities that support an emergent learning environment
- Basic computer skills including ability to access the internet for research, send and receive emails, and experience using Microsoft Office to create documents
- Knowledge of the Michigan Early Learning Standards for Infants and Toddlers
- Ability to lead and supervise support staff members
Compensation: A competitive salary with benefits including health, dental and vision insurances, supplemental insurances, paid holidays, sick days, vacation days and personal days.
Sign-on bonus amount determined based on qualifications
Salary: From $31,250.00 per year
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Employee discount
Part-Time Teacher Aides
Required Availability: Must be available 12:30-5:30 Monday – Friday OR at least 3 days per week
This para-professional position requires work in a child care center with children from two weeks to six years old. An employee in this position helps children in all program activities, interacts with them, guides their interactions with each other, and instructs them in the use of materials.
Qualifications: High school diploma required, prefer additional education in Child Development or a related field.
Knowledge relating to young children, first aid methods, and safety requirements.
Ability to work with children in a warm, responsible, and positive manner and to react calmly in a crisis situation.
Physical and mental stamina
Ability to stand for long periods of time
Ability to bend down, kneel, sit on floor, run and move quickly
Ability to lift up to 30 lbs, repeatedly and as needed
Successful completion of an in-classroom observation and reference checks
Positive Criminal Background Check and DHS Central Registry Clearance
Provide proof of a Tuberculosis Test having been completed within the past year
Job offers are contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Criminal History Background Check, Central Registry Clearance, employee Health Appraisal with Tuberculosis Test, and References Check
Job Type: Part-time
$12.05 per hour
Please call the Center at 517-353-5154 to inquire, or email interest to our Office Coordinator Annie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment is contingent upon the completion and positive review of a Michigan Child Care Background Check, Tuberculosis Test, and References Check.
Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply for any of the above positions.